Monday, June 21, 2010

Triple header

We start on a lighter (figuratively speaking) note, with a real life giant mech, complete with egg-crushing kung-fu action. If only I had one of these as a kid...

The Atlantic has a hilarious article on job opportunities for white folks in China. It almost makes me wish I were white, just so I could be the token representative white guy in all those commercials and stuff they shoot all the time. It's getting less so, but there was a time when "white man who speaks English" made you a bigger celebrity in China than a talking dog. No kidding.

Courtesy of friend and fellow grad-student-with-too-much-time-on-hands M. Yan is this fascinating look at the state of science/research jobs in the US. Especially relevant for the poor biologists who have to spend an eternity in the limbo that is the post-doctoral researcher, but true for everyone. This is why I'm leaving academia (also because I suck at research). So long, suckers!

Finally, on a slightly more serious note, we have an announcement for all those who are stupid, and also too stupid to know better. This is something I have often seen in myself (see above paragraph on leaving academia). Also, looking at the title of this post, I realize I can't count.

No comments:

Post a Comment